Wayne F. Crowe - Bronx Divorce Lawyer
Bronx Divorce Lawyer Attorney Profile Family Law Contact Us
Why Hire Us? Frequently Asked Questions Free Case Evaluation
Child Custody
Child Support
Contested / Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Legal Separation
Matrimonial Actions
Order of Protection
Property Division
Spousal Support

Bronx Visitation Attorney

Family Lawyer in the Bronx, New York

If you are a custodial or noncustodial parent who needs legal assistance concerning the matter of visitation rights to your child or children in the Bronx, you will need a competent Bronx lawyer who is well-versed in the laws and procedures regarding this issue. We advise you to contact our firm to arrange a consultation with our attorney to discuss your particular situation and to get the legal guidance you need. Because our firm is devoted to divorce and family law only, we can provide up to date and comprehensive legal support.

Visitation Rights in New York

Those who may seek visitation rights through the courts in New York include a child's parent, whether married or unmarried, a grandparent, a sister, brother, stepsister, or stepbrother. Currently, other non-parent parties, such as aunts, uncles, stepparents, cousins, or former gay or lesbian partners are not able to get visitation rights.

The noncustodial parent, who does not have physical custody of the children, generally gets visitation rights unless there is a valid reason why he or she should not. Courts favor frequent and meaningful contact with noncustodial parents for the children of couples who are separated, divorced, or have never been married. Visitation schedules can be worked out which will allow the noncustodial parent to remain in contact with his or her child. Visitation rights are only denied if it is considered to be harmful to the child. In cases of a history of domestic abuse by a noncustodial parent, only supervised visits with a children or children may be allowed by the courts.

Modifying Visitation

There are many cases in which one parent wishes to alter the current visitation schedule. Some parents try to resolve the issue without the court, but it is best to go through the legal process, as the custodial parent could decide not to honor the agreement in the future. If you want to modify the terms of your visitation, you can petition the court and prove that a change in circumstances calls for the original order to be changed. Likewise, you can seek to have your visitation schedule altered or enforced if the other parent is interfering with the court’s orders.

If you need to seek visitation rights or change the visitation rights regarding your child or children, you should not hesitate to enlist a family attorney from our firm who will make every effort to achieve the case results you seek.

Schedule an Appointment
Instantly connect to ouf office.
Visit our Blog
909 Sheridan Avenue, Bronx, New York 10451

Attorney Web Design

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Address: 909 Sheridan Avenue, Office C, Bronx, New York 10451 Phone: (347) 343-5467 Additional Phone: (347) 244-6631