Enforcement of Orders Lawyer in the Bronx

Zealous Advocacy for Clients Facing Issues Related to Enforcement of Family Court Orders in Yonkers & The Bronx

When your divorce process has been completed, both parties are obligated to the provisions that are established regarding child support, child custody, visitation, and spousal support. However, if one party is not in compliance with court orders, it is imperative to obtain the legal assistance of a qualified family law attorneys in order to ensure that these provisions are fulfilled.

At Empire Law, we are dedicated to helping frustrated and upset individuals enforce the original order of the divorce decree.

Allow our attorneys to petition in the courts on your behalf today.

If you need help enforcing your court order in New York, contact our Bronx enforcement of orders attorney at Empire Law today! We have offices conveniently located in Yonkers and The Bronx. 

What Happens When You Fail to Comply With a Court Order?

When an ex-spouse fails to obey the terms of a decree such as property division or spousal support, the wronged spouse must act on their own to enforce the order. Upon the judge’s approval, this commands the non-compliant spouse to appear before the judge. Unless the non-compliant party can develop a proper defense and provide the judge with a viable reason why he or she disobeyed the decree, the court can find him or her in contempt. The judge must find that the non-compliant parent willfully and intentionally disobeyed or ignored the court orders.

Non-Compliance and Child Support

In regards to child support, New York’s Support Collection Unit (SCU) doesn’t need court approval to take enforcement measures against non-compliant parents.

How Can I Get My Ex-Spouse to Comply with Court Orders?

The courts in NY have many ways of enforcing orders. Depending on how far behind the offending parent or ex-spouse is, a judge may order one or a variety of the actions below:

  • Wage/income garnishment
  • Interception of tax refunds
  • Freeze bank accounts
  • Report non-paying parent to credit bureaus
  • Lien on business or home
  • Loss of driver’s license and passport
  • Loss of occupational or professional license
  • Jail
  • Fines

Put 10+ Years of Experience on Your Side

The courts are adamant about making sure that divorces comply with the orders which were established in the divorce agreement. With over a decade of legal experience, our Brooklyn enforcement attorneys has an extensive understanding of New York family laws in order to effectively guide you through the process.

Contact our firm to schedule a free consultation with one of our seasoned Bronx enforcement attorneys today.

    "Very knowledgeable"
    Very knowledgeable attorneys who will go the extra mile.
    - Brandon S.
    "We are satisfied with what he accomplished. We would highly recommend them."
    Wayne F. Crowe and his staff were top notch. He is as professional as they come. They were always available to us with answers to our questions and concerns. It was an honor to have one of his staff Justin represent my husbands on his child support case. We are satisfied with what he accomplished. We would highly recommend them.
    - Caroline L.
    "The law firm of Wayne F. Crowe provided me with the legal support and strength I needed during my divorce."
    My divorce was smooth and I am extremely happy with the settlement. After the divorce Wayne and his team also provided me with the legal support I needed to terminate my child support obligations and gain sole custody of my children. I am very pleased with the services provided and the outcome could not have been any better.
    - Ranjee R.
    "Done efficiently and in a thorough manner."
    Unfortunately, divorce is all too common these days. Thank God mine was uncontested and fairly simple. The entire process took 4 months.. I never had to go to court, and only had to visit the office twice. Done efficiently and in a thorough manner.
    - John D.
    "Good customer service"
    Good customer service and supportive agents. I'm happy and will recommended The law Firm. Thank you
    - Edith K.
    "I would recommend this law firm to anyone. They are AWESOME."
    Wayne and his team are absolutely the best!!! I can't rave enough about this law firm. When I first met Wayne he listen to my concerns and put my worries at rest. Initially I needed help with what I thought would be a simply child support case. Two years later I'm still going back and forth with this issue. My child's father is a real creep and tried his very best to hide his income. Geoffrey Greenless was able to see through deceit. Jeff (for short) ordered my copies of his bank accounts and went through each transaction with a fine toothed comb. Jeff presented the evidence in such a way the judge had no choice but to dismiss the fraudulent motion. Wayne and Jeff have always been honest and upfront. They've always made me feel like I was on the winning team. I’m able to reach Jeff or Wayne via email, phone or text message. Jeff has never been absent or late to any of my scheduled court dates. I would recommend this law firm to anyone. They are AWESOME.
    - Crystal M.
    "He told me not to worry. He was correct. He handled everything. I would highly recommend him."
    Wayne F. Crowe, is an excellent attorney. He has a tremendous presence in the court room. He brings his experience and professionalism to every case. He helped me with a child support issue. He told me not to worry. He was correct. He handled everything. I would highly recommend him.
    - Marianne F.
    "They do what they say they are going to do and they will fight for your best interest. Please trust their judgment as it is a difficult process for everyone."
    I have went through a very difficult process. I went through two attorneys before meeting the Wayne Crowe Jr staff. I am so appreciative that I had the opportunity to have their staff work for me. I wish that I would have went to them first. Their staff Wayne, Caroline, Lee, Brian and Scott were all hands on and wonderful people. They not only cleaned up the mess the previous attorneys made. They were diligent, understanding and compassionate. I had the pleasure of having Caroline represent me and she is amazing.
    - Former Client

    Put Your Case in the Right Hands

    See What Sets Us Apart
    • Free Case Evaluations
    • Quality Representation at Reasonable Rates
    • Powerful Insight Into Bronx Legal Community
    • Foundation of Trust & Communication
    • Keen Focus on Family Law

    Contact Us for Your Consultation

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
    • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
    Need More Reasons?